FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Dániel Sallói had two goals to push his season total to 15, Johnny Russell scored on a penalty kick and Sporting Kansas City beat 10-man FC Dallas 3-1 on Wednesday night.
- Razorbacks hot start dooms Mizzou, 87-43, Notae scores 19
- New Jersey Devils at Toronto Maple Leafs odds, picks and predictions
- Fight in tunnel feeds perception that Michigan State’s football team is unraveling | Opinion
- Los Angeles Rams took risk trading Marcus Peters, then landed Jalen Ramsey as the reward
- peru national football team vs argentina national football team stats
Kansas City (14-6-7) has won three of its past four games as it chases the top spot in the Western Conference. Dallas (6-13-9) lost its third straight game.
Sallói opened the scoring in the 13th minute with a shot from distance. After Russel made it 2-0 in the 55th, Sallói added another six minutes later. Sallói ran down the left side for José Mauri’s pass and took several touches in space before getting past his defender for a blast by goalkeeper Jimmy Maurer.
Russell scored for the eighth time this season, including a goal in four straight games. Russell’s penalty kick was given after Bryan Acosta took down Khiry Shelton in a goal-scoring position.
U.S. National team player Ricardo Pepi scored on a breakaway for Dallas in the 68th for his 13th goal of the season.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.Com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.Com/AP_Sports.