Looking for an off-the-beaten-path adventure for 2015? Expedition cruise line Lindblad is out with a new “Indian Ocean Odyssey: Seychelles, Maldives, and Sri Lanka” itinerary that pairs stops in the islands of the Seychelles with an Indian Ocean crossing to little-visited Sri Lanka.
- With matchup vs. Saints looming, Cowboys react to Dez Bryant signing with New Orleans
- Jeff Gordon after winning Martinsville: ‘That was a rock star moment’
- Alex Rodriguez joining ‘Shark Tank’ as guest judge in the fall
- President Trump has tested positive for COVID-19. What’s the typical course of the illness?
- Watch Ed Sheeran jam with the Rolling Stones
The adventure-travel pioneer will offer a single sailing of the 21-day trip April 18, 2015 aboard the 102-passenger National Geographic Orion, which joined the Lindblad fleet this year.
The voyage kicks off in Mahe in the Seychelles and includes stops in the nearby Seychelles islands of Silhouette, Praslin and Aride. Then it’s on to the Maldives for several stops before continuing to Sri Lanka.
Highlights of the trip will include snorkeling and diving in clear, warm water with manta rays and, likely, whale sharks. Passengers also have the chance to see hundreds of species of fish and thousands of seabirds as well as endangered Seychelles giant tortoises in the wild, the line says.
Fares for the sailing begin at $19,930. More information is online at Lindblad’s website.
For a look inside a Lindblad vessel, click through the carousel below.